DiveSigns

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Malta 2015 Holiday - Day 4

Getting started

Another 7am start for Rob and I as we did the usual walk to Techwise but stopped by the coffee shop next to the Vivaldi hotel to get coffee and rolls for breakfast. Alan arrived as we walked out so got a lift the last of the way.


Arriving at the dive centre we find that Gozo is being struck by southerly winds which means the wrecks are no longer an option. We would be taken to the Inland Sea and Blue Hole to perform a long range circuit. Rob and I weren't thrilled by the concept of a reef dive because we really love to get deep inside the rusty stuff. Whilst I know it's a nice dive, Rob and I didn't think it was worth it so we decided to not dive today and unloaded the twinsets and stages.

We retired to the Black Bull to have breakfast. Whilst there we worked out how we could repair the Anderson connector on my HID light battery and how I can safely and reliably carry the GoPro.

Returning to Divewise, Rob and I managed to solder to negative lead back on to the connector plate and a nervous test and the light sparked straight up! I also found a bolt snap and zip ties so managed to secure that onto the case, now I can clip off the GoPro when not needed.

Returning home after the rain subdued to have a cheese and crackers for lunch. The evening was spent lazily watching TV and relaxing. So hardly a thrilling read of a day, but every now and then, a lazy day like this is never a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment