DiveSigns

Saturday 26 October 2013

Malta Dive Holiday–Day 2 (pt 3)

Victoria and The Citadel

After lunch, we went to the Citadel in the capital city of Gozo, Victoria. Just getting to the Citadel was a bit of an exercise, the hill is quite steep and needs to be taken carefully as the cobblestone is smooth and the path uneven. Standing outside the entrance to the Citadel, Pat gave us a history lesson about the city.

Entrance to Gozo



The architecture is extremely impressive and its beauty can’t be denied.




The Citadel feels like in city inside a castle.




From the top of the Citadel, it is possible to walk along the walls and get a full 360 degree view of the island with some stunning views.


The Citadel was absolutely beautiful to walk around and the architecture was beautiful. Coming back to the Church, we found the Prison. I must admit I was slightly disappointed, basically all you could see were about a dozen cells. Good thing I paid the student rate of 2.50! I also got locked in the stocks too!




We left the Citadel and visited a grand Church. Claudia had her daughter and her friend, being teenage girls they had to put a shawl around their legs to be respectful! From the outside the Church looked impressive:




Getting inside it was even more so! This was incredibly difficult to photograph. It took me about 6 attempts. I had to use manual (like an avid photographer would of course, I NEVER use Auto … *cough*), I had to set the flash to go off, open the aperture wide open, and leave the exposure on high enough to gather the light. Certainly not bad, I think!




Coming out of the church we started working our way through the town to meet the coach at the bus station. A few of the “tenants” in an alley had really made their alley nice with lots of potted plants:




My feet were well and truly aching, so it was bliss to be back on the coach. We caught the ferry back to Malta, at a beautiful time to watch a gorgeous sunset:






The coach met us at the Ferry Terminal on Malta and took us back to our hotels. It has been a brilliant day today, enjoyed every minute and getting back at 7pm I feel I’ve had brilliant value for money as well as being exhausted!

Getting back to the hotel, I had a quick shower to get freshened up and then passed out in bed! I was exhausted!

I hope this has been an interesting summary of my second day in Malta! Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment