DiveSigns

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Malta Dive Holiday–Day 5

Day 5 – Tuesday

0700 – Alarm goes off, then it hits me, diving the Faroud today! Then the other thing hits me, oww, my head! Going down to the restaurant I really pushed myself to eat something, and drank a lot of water and juice.
I met Svenke at Dive Wise, asking how he was he looks me at me and just gives me the hand gesture that divers use to say “there is a problem”.I chuckled and said that I too am feeling a tad delicate! Today, our guide would be Vas taking Svenke, Lolke ‘Mr Faroud’, Irwin Sheer and myself.
We drove over to the dive site in one of Divewise’s shattle, rattle and roll pick-up type trucks, whereas yesterday, Ann had taken us in “Hannibal”, today we were in Harriot. Sounds better even with a dirty mind!
Driving to the site is about a 35-40 minute drive and you park on a devilishly steep hill!

Dive 1

We were in the water by about 10am for our first dive, for a detailed description of the dive, check out this link.

Surface Interval

When I surfaced, I asked Svenke how he was doing, he said how he was feeling great and that the narcosis at 35m had done a great job of eliminating the hangover! Couldn’t agree more! After a brilliant first dive, Svenke and I took a walk up to the restaurants to get something to eat. I had a fairly normal lunch of spaghetti carbonara.




Svenke, he didn’t! He had pasta, but with octopus!




I did try a little bit, it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting, quite soft and chewey. The “worst” bit was actually the little suckers got stuck on my tongue, that sent shivers down my spine. A relaxing lunch with a gorgeous view of the bay, spying ships sailing past:













After consuming our lunch and admiring the view, we went back to sit with the rest of our group – hard at work sunbathing! So, might as well join them! Spent a good 35 minutes just soaking up the sun, it was beautiful.
I quickly ran around the other dive trucks, I’d left myself just 100 bar in the twinset, not normally an issue, but everyone else was on 15’s as opposed to 12’s so I was cutting the dive short here. Fortunately a kind gentleman had a decanting whip available and I managed to whip over some gas from a spare couple of tanks that we had, back to to 160 bar, I felt comfortable going in to this dive not having to worry about running short and having to call the dive.

Dive 2

For a detailed description of the second dive, check out this link.

Post Dive

Kit broken down back in the van, time for a quick team photo!




Of course, after finishing cleaning down the gear back at Dive Wise, Svenke and I headed to Huggins for post-dive beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment